Monday, April 03, 2006

Parrot Foot-itis

Dear Friends and Neighbors:

There's a little known affliction spreading among parrot fanciers (okay, among two parrot fanciers as far as I can confirm, and one of them doesn't even have a parrot) that I fear may become epidemic. Are you at risk? Answer this brief questionnaire to evaluate your susceptibility:

1. Have you recently discovered at least one parrot feather among your possessions?
2. Are there tiny parrot-shaped beauty marks covering your feet and ankles?
3. Do you feel an unusually strong urge to consume *green bean casserole, even when it's not a holiday?
4. Do you read this blog?

If you answered 'yes' to any of the questions, then I'm afraid you may be high-risk for infection. I'm sorry to say that there is no cure. The best advice I can offer is to find other parrot people and hang out with them. It may not make the problem go away, but at least nobody will gawk at you (not much, anyway; they'll be careful not to be obvious).

I myself suffer from Parrot Foot-itis. The photograph below shows how extensive it is at this point. I must warn you, the picture is quite graphic. Do not view if you suffer from nervousness, sleeplessness, or crankiness. If you've just eaten, wait at least 30 minutes before viewing or it could cause cramps.

Scroll...

Down....

I'm trying to protect the innocent...

Ready??



So I missed April Fool's day by a few hours - Happy April 3rd!

*Green bean casserole - inside joke! I just might post my favorite recipe one of these days - so long as Dawno posts hers, too. :D

13 comments:

uniquematerial said...

Oh, my.

Anne C. Watkins said...

It's bad, isn't it Unique? Poor Dawno, I suspect she's in the same shape.

ohdawno said...

Oh dear! You're right! Please go take a look on my blog - will I be ok someday??

Frank Baron said...

The socks I like. They're good. Lucy, my dear African Gray, agrees.

But green bean casserole? Pul-eeze!

It's peanuts and french fries for us.

(Lucy's nodding again.)

Jenna said...

OH NO! It's sweeping through my dear mod squad! We're in deep trouble! Is there a vaccine for this?

Mac said...

I like parrots. I'm pretty sure my feet are safe, though.

Green bean casserole is especially fine, too.

Now I shall have to go and collect the ingredients from the local grocery.

Anne C. Watkins said...

My beloved friends and AW cohorts (I can call you that, can't I?), I'm afraid that Dawno and I are beyond help. No comments from the Peanut Gallery--well, okay, speak up if you must.

Frank, Lucy is a very discerning parrot. Keep an eye on your feet.

Jenna, you might want to watch Joanne carefully as I suspect she's been exposed to the virus.

Mac, please don't mention making green bean casserole unless you're making enough to share with the class.

Hey, I've got extra parrot feathers if anybody wants one. No Parrot Foot-itis virus attached. Or is there????

Jenna said...

She's tricksy, this Anne C. Watkins...

Anne C. Watkins said...

Heh heh heh. Want a parrot feather, my prettttty?

:D

Unknown said...

No thanks I already have one and that puts me at risk. I am reading this blog too. I am in love with your little green friend on the laptop. I also love green bean cassarole and sometimes eat it when it is not a holiday. Uh-oh. I think you had better watch out for Aspier with that foot picture!!
Paint

Anne C. Watkins said...

Welcome to the club, Paint! All you need is the socks. rofl

Hehe, forgot about Aspier and his thing for feet. :D

Anonymous said...

Ha Ha! Love the socks. I bet Wasabi, by DYH 'zon would too, he's got a foot fetish I think! hee hee, don't tell him I told you though! ;)

Stacey, Scooby, Pip, Pancho & Wasabi

Anne C. Watkins said...

Stacey! Hi! Sorry I missed this for so long--hope you come back soon. :)

Thanks for posting Rio and Pancho on Sonoran Parrots! I bet Panch is the first parrot you've ever seen wearing a catapillar on his head. :D