Sunday, April 16, 2006

A Few Pictures

Here's a nice shot of the male bluebird as he prepares to enter the box. Isn't he dressed in a beautiful shade of blue?



Here's our brand new car port. Now all we have to do is put in the gravel and then plant flowers and stuff around the sides. And best of all, the bluebird couple wasn't the least bit disturbed by all the hustle and bustle! The nest building is progressing smoothly.



It's a good thing noise and activity doesn't bother them. I had company later that afternoon and it sure wasn't quiet around here! The kids love to play outside when they're here and our big up-and-down front yard keeps them busy.

Hills are made for little boys to roll down...



and for little girls to run up!



I hope you all had a lovely Easter weekend!

5 comments:

Frank Baron said...

Lovely pics Anne. Watching kids at play is wonderful food for the soul. :)

Anne C. Watkins said...

They make my heart glad, Frank. :)

Unknown said...

Hi! Popped in for a little visit. I would love to see pictures of your garden. The children's pics are wonderful! I look in on this blog sometimes and think you might like it;
www.foodiefarmgirl.blogspot.com shucks--it wouldn't make a link! Anyway she has a farm and lots of animals, flowers and of course recipies. Check it out. See ya round the forums!

Esther Avila said...

I love the pics - thanks for sharing. That bluebird pic is awesome.

ohdawno said...

Aside from duckies the only birds I see around here are huge crows and tiny sparrows and the occasional blur of a hummingbird. I'd love to have more avian life around here.

Maybe I need a parrot...wonder how the cat would feel about it.